ABOUT KATHERINE CANNON, PhD, CFP®
Wealth, like our bodies and health, requires great care and respect to serve us well throughout our lives. For us, wealth management does just that – and more. When wealth is aligned with what’s significant and meaningful to us, we experience ease with wealth. This is essential.
With almost 20 years of investment and financial planning experience, my satisfaction lies in providing clients excellence in wealth management – uncompromisingly objective advice and services. I also bring to clients my work and life experiences in education, leadership, management, business development, and my family life with my husband and our four daughters...and cats.
My formal education with a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, provided abilities to analyze, solve problems, plan – all with an eye to objectivity. Managing wealth is both science and art. My Eastern Philosophy studies and more than 30 years of practice and teaching meditation and yoga bring balance to the analytical side of money and wealth.
- Certificate, CFP® Certification Professional Education Program College For Financial Planning, Greenwood Village, CO
- Licensed as a Registered Representative and as a Registered Investment Advisor Representative through LPL Financial, an independent Registered Investment Advisor firm
- Insurance-licensed and qualified to counsel clients in the areas of risk management and insurance planning
- Adjunct Faculty - CFP® Retirement and Employee Benefits
Degrees and Graduate Studies:
- Ph.D., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Masters of Science; University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science; Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Graduate work: Eastern Philosophy, Union Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio
Creating ease with wealth
ABOUT CYNTHIA CANNON, JD
Getting your house in order – those words capture what I value most about the work I do for clients. Creating order and clarity allows us to do more – and enjoy it more.
I’ve worked in the financial industry almost a decade focusing on investments and planning, including comprehensive employee benefits planning and administration. I bring to our clients’ wealth planning broad experiences in many areas – non-profit educational, human resource planning, construction contracting, health care, state legislative lobbying, and publishing. My experience also includes processes and procedures that focus on taking care of the clients.
My background in law provides a unique perspective in serving clients’ wealth. My legal experience includes: intellectual property law – copyright and trademark administration and research; construction and purchasing contracts; commercial law, real estate transactions, and estate planning.
Since early on, I have cultivated my creative side, and am often seen with my camera. Our office walls have many examples of my work and photography continues to be an important part of my life. My practice of meditation and yoga nourish both my personal and professional life.
My formal education includes a J.D. from The American University in Washington, D.C. where I focused on international environmental and business law. My undergraduate degree from The Ohio State University was in International Studies with minors in economics and French.
- J.D. cum laude, Washington College of Law, The American University, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor’s degree, International Studies; The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Security licensure: Series 7, 24, and 66
- Legal membership: Washington State Bar Association
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved. Cannon Wealth Management, LLC
The LPL Financial registered representative associated with this page may only discuss and /or transact securities
business with residents in the following states: WA, CA, CO, WY, FL, NY, MD, OH.
Securities and Advisory Services Offered Through LPL Financial A Registered Investment Adviser Member FINRA/SIPC